Azoospermia is defined as a complete lack of sperm in the male ejaculate. It is believed that 5% of men facing infertility suffer from this syndrome.
- Azoospermia is considered as the main reason behind male subfertility. Subfertility is a condition in which a male is unable.
- It is believed that 5% of men facing infertility suffer from this syndrome. Azoospermia is considered as the main reason behind males subfertility. Subfertility is a condition in which a male is unable.
- Subfertility is a condition in which a male is unable to impregnate a woman after one year of unprotected sex. Azoospermia may occur if the flow of the male sperm is blocked and it is unable to leave the body in the form of ejaculate.
- Most of the times, azoospermia is caused by Azoospermia may occur if the flow of the male sperm is blocked and it is unable to leave the body in the form of ejaculate. Most of the times,
- Most of the times, azoospermia is caused by issue in sperm production.
Causes of azoospermia
Azoospermia may occur because of the reproductive tract obstruction or inadequate production of sperms. The most common causes of azoospermia include:
- Genetic infertility due to abnormality in chromosomes (karyotypes)
- Primary testicular failure, also known as Klinefelter syndrome
- Kallman Syndrome–secondary testicular failure
- Unexplained gonadotropin deficiency
- Varicocele effect
- Drug related pituitary suppression (due to anabolic steroids, alcohol, and glucocorticoids)
- Congenital adrenal hyperplasia
- Sickle cell anemia
- Sperm autoimmunity
- Young syndrome
- Undescended testicles since birth
Azoospermia diagnosis at Iswarya Fertility Center, Chennai, india
At Iswarya, we guide you through your infertility treatments. The diagnosis for Azoospermia starts with the counseling of the patient where we try to collect as much data as possible to detect the severity of the syndrome. After that, we conduct a physical examination of the patient in which the signs of hormonal imbalance are detected. We use biopsy procedures to take a sample of patient’s testicles. This sample is tested and diagnosed for azoospermia at our well-facilitated labs.
At Ishwarya, we have all the tools and equipments to diagnose your health and check for sperm deficiency syndromes. Our diagnostic specialists undertake blood tests and genetic testing to analyze the status of the fertility of the patient. We also offer certain important diagnostic procedures like spermatic venography, semen analysis, scrotal or transrectal ultrasound, and post-ejaculatory urinalysis.
In case, sperm is not found in the ejaculate, then the symptoms of Azoospermia are severe. They might include obstruction or blockage in the reproductive tract. Also, the sperm production might not be sufficient enough to get into the ejaculate. In such cases, medical treatments available at Ishwarya infertility center can help men develop ejaculated sperm. In exceptional cases, our doctors might also retrieve sperms from the testicles to bring about the pregnancy.
Surgical sperm retrieval
Surgical sperm retrieval is a modern infertility treatment provided by Ishwarya for men who have no sperm in their ejaculate. Such patients often have absent or blocked tube connecting the testicles to the vas deferens. Some patients suffer from vasectomy while others may face non-obstructive azoospermia.
In surgical sperm retrieval process, our doctors collect sperm directly from patient’s epididymis with the help of a needle and syringe. The epididymis is located next to the testicles and it is the place where sperms are stored and where they mature prior to the ejaculation. This process is known as PESA or percutenous epidydimal sperm aspiration. Our skilled doctors are also capable of extracting sperms through testicular sperm extraction therapy.
If the male patients at Ishwarya need surgical sperm retrieval, our urologists can offer them with surgical guidance and counseling. We know how serious an azoospermia fertility treatment can be. This is why our clinical doctors take each and every step of your treatment seriously. Our doctors and practitioners are one of the India’s most distinguished medical professionals, pioneering in fertility treatments.
Why choose us
Based on the factors like age, markers of ovarian reserve, and treatment history, fertility clinics have different criteria to treat azoospermia in different individuals. We, at the Ishwarya Infertility Center walk on the philosophy of treating each and every patient with equal care and potential. This allows us to drive positive results in almost every azoospermia treatment procedure. After discussing the infertility issues with the patients, we give clear and realistic information about the chances of success.
We don’t believe that the final decision of undergoing a treatment should be ours alone. As long as one has even the minimal chances of getting treated successfully, we advise him to undergo infertility treatment. In many cases, patients are treated successfully even after being declined for the azoospermia treatment elsewhere. Whatever the case is, we are always ready to help our patients and obtain successful results for them effectively.